Garwood Police Department Traffic Bureau
To obtain a motor vehicle crash report, follow the link below
The Garwood Police Department Traffic Bureau is tasked with maintaining the safe and efficient flow of traffic. The Bureau keeps track of and examines information that is gathered and quickly addresses issues that arise in our community. The Traffic Bureau reviews and approves all motor vehicle crash reports.
The Garwood Police Traffic Bureau welcomes input from our residents. If you have a traffic safety related request or complaint, please contact P.O. Jeff Kleinsorgen.
Below is a list of additional responsibilities of the Traffic Bureau:
- Assist in serious injury and fatal motor vehicle crashes
- Review of road closures and plan reviews
- Coordinate traffic light repairs, sign replacement, line painting,
- Coordinate police vehicle maintenance
- Radar and DWI Enforcement details
- Radar instruction and re-certification
- Address traffic and safety concerns of the public
- Road construction projects - traffic safety
- School Guards and training
The traffic Bureau is supervised by Ptlm. Jeff Kleinsorgen
assisted by Ptlm. Joseph Ostrander
Ptlm. Joseph Ostrander and Chris Czachorowski are detailed to the Bicycle Unit as needed.
Summons may be satisfied through the Violations Bureau with cash, check money order or credit card. for more information please contact them directly at 908 789- 0780
Child Car Safety Seats
Did you know that 8 out of 10 child safety seats are installed incorrectly?
Have yours inspected FREE Wednesday and Thursday from 7:30am to 11:00am at the Garwood First Aid Squad Building, 401 Second Avenue in Garwood. No Appointment necessary. Call 908 789-6830